Monday, November 10, 2008

Thankful Month

I know it is not the first...but I saw this on Lori's blog and wanted to do it too. On Saturday after my party I was sitting around with my mom, Bryce and Shanna and we were playing this game and one of the questions was "What five words would you use to describe yourself?"  I used creative, obsessive, pessimistic, opinionated and outgoing.  I thought a lot about the pessimism and so when I saw Lori had mentioned the Thankful Month, I decided to do it too.  I figure it is always a good thing to remind yourself what you're thankful for - and it should help me with my pessimism too.  I am keeping a quick list on my sidebar to keep track of my 30 Days of Thankful...and I'll be posting mini posts from here on out explaining my picks. If you want to do it too (hey, better late than never!) go here to pick up the button, and to add your name to the list. 

So here are the snippets of my first 10 days of grateful:
  1. Great parents - the 1st is my parent's anniversary.  They are great parents who always want the best for their kids.
  2. Internet - I know I can be a bit addicted to it, but it does help me keep in touch with friends who live far away
  3. My Kittens - They love me no matter what and are there when I have a bad day, willing to snuggle.
  4. The privilege of voting - I appreciate living in a country that gives its citizens the right to vote.  I proudly did my patriotic duty on the 4th.  I wish more people would take pride in it too. 
  5. A mother in law who loves to feed us.  We go over to Nathan's parent's place once a week for Nathan to teach lessons...and his mom is always willing to feed us.  This week: turkey, mashed potatoes, carrots and bread.    mmmmmm
  6. A handy hubby - The headlight in our car is burnt out and Nathan was able to fix it for us, saving us a chunk of change. 
  7. Friends to laugh with - Nathan and I were judges in the Mr & Mrs USU Band pageant Friday night.  We laughed a LOT.  Good friends...Good times.  
  8. A mother who likes to spoil me - She bought me shoes today...three pair....and let us invade her house for a party...and let me use her washer and dryer to do my laundry (our dryer is broken)...and then let me crash on her spare bed when it was too late to drive home. 
  9. A comfy mattress - I slept on my parents Sat night...not bad, but I LOOOOUUURVE our mattress. 
  10. Chelsea - a close friend.  We unfortunately share many of the same heartaches with infertility and pregnancy loss.  Her friendship is a blessing.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Oh, I'm excited. I love your list so far. That's awesome about beign a judge at USU..hee hee. I'm sure that was fun!

Chels said...

OHHH...I love you too Holly!