Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Feast or Famine

So it figures...the day after I write complaining about jobs that this would happen...

I had an interview this morning with a Law firm...(some of you who know my might say I need something a little 'less serious'...but hey I have read EVERY John Grisham book and loved them!)...They are a brand new firm but want to expand to 50 in 3 years! I would love it...it's clean, neat, the office looks like something out of a Pottery Barn catalog! The lawyer can't be much older than me...maybe 2 or 3 years, and seems really nice. I nailed the interview and would not be surprised to hear back from them by Monday.

So as I'm driving home from the interview I'm on the phone with a friend from RI and the other line beeps...(I hate people who answer the other line...) and I would have ignored it but it was the restaurant that I interviewed at a month ago for a manager position and didn't get hired...so I took the call (I know...bad cell phone etiquette) and found out they need someone 25-30 hours a week as an Asst. Manager to take some pressure off busy shifts...and they want to know if I am still interested!

Now I don't know what to do because I really wanted the restaurant job...I even turned down another job because I thought I had it in the bag....BUT the Law firm would offer TONS of room for growth and would be cleaner, less smelly and more prestigious...

What would you do??? Wait to hear back from the Law Firm (FT, $11.50/hr) or take the restaurant (30 hrs/wk, $11)???

1 comment:

Janus said...

Holly,
Grant and I were talking about your two options for employment and we would suggest that you tell the restaurant that you have another job offer pending and would it be okay if you got back to them, say Tuesday.

I think either of those two jobs would be great.

Let us know how it turns out.

Love,
Grant and Janus (the Bangalore Wheeler's) oh and Alexis too.