Monday, July 31, 2006

New House, Segment 1: The Master Bedroom

Well...better late than never, right?? As promised here are some pictures of the new house...I will have to post them a little at a time since there will be quite a few :)





This is our master bedroom...we didn't think all the furniture would fit..but it did - although it is a little tight... The furniture is solid Mahogony with a cherry stain, we got it at a furniture store in Connecticut...the bedding is a silk/satin mix in mocha colors, from the UK (gotta love eBay!).

I was super ambitious when we first moved in and I did a Venetian Plaster finish on the walls...it took 3 full days just to do this ONE room...But I think it looks great...the close-up shows the texture of the walls..



I love Willow Tree Angels, and so they are displayed where I can see them often...at Christmas-time I will post a pic of the Willow Tree Nativity. :) On the top shelf there is a girl holding a kitty...and a girl holding a bunch of wheat...some of Nathan and I's favorite things.

More to come later, we are off to Nathan's grandfather's viewing/wake.

2 comments:

Ryann said...

Your room is gorgeous! We just bought a bedroom set and need to get a comfortor and I LOVE your. Ebay you say? I may have to try it also!

Anonymous said...

Holly, your bedroom is beautiful, wish mine was that pretty, take care Lisa