Saturday, July 22, 2006

Square One

Ok, now that I'm back at square one, I hit the pavement again today...I dropped off an application at the Olive Garden, and one at a 'Babies-r-Us' type place, only more upscale and pricier. I don't know if the baby store is such a good idea...but I guess it is just wishful thinking that when we ever have a child join our family, I might be able to get a discount on a nice crib... ? I have an interview with them on Tuesday, and I hope to hear from Olive Garden soon too. The OG would be nice because I get benefits from DAY 1! I worked as a server once before and I made pretty good money, so I guess I could do it again for a while...

I got all registered for classes yesterday...I met with my "advisor" and got my residency status switched...Funny thing was that I seemed more prepared than she did for our appointment...I had my major requirements broken down into an Excel spreadsheet with what classes I had taken, in what semester and what classes were left...that's just my OCD shining through. I am excited to start classes again...it gives me something of my own and something to distract me from life...and this semester will be tricky...Economics, Calculus, International Politics, Business Statistics and Interior Design (for a fun 'break' class).


So today is the baby shower for my little brother's fiance. It is at my mom's place and he being my brother, I am kinda obligated to go...I don't want to create feelings or anything. But I am going to need some serious love afterwards because I can feel it already, it is going to be tough...I am trying my hardest but I can't help but be EXTREMELY jealous of them. They have what we lost...and I guess the hardest part is that they weren't even planning on it...they were just dating when it happened....and she is SO young...last weekend while we were hanging out at our place she actually said she had never changed a diaper...like, EVER....I could build a Mt. Everest with all the diapers I've changed and I DON'T EVEN HAVE CHILDREN!! ok, ok, calm down... Sorry for the ranting...I just needed to let some of it out so it doesn't all implode this afternoon.

Well, I gotta go...I need to go find my Prozac. I'll let you know tomorrow how it all went...assuming I am still coherent enough to log into the computer...

No comments: