Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Chester Drawers

Ok...this is pretty funny...I'm just warning you -

So Nathan and I have been married for 4.6 years and I have noticed sometimes when he gets flustered he switches words around...for example...

One day he was venting about work (back in the navy) and said: "That is just the camel that broke the straw's back!" I thought that was funny

He related a story then about how he was on boot camp and someone was being a jerk...he said to them: "You need to pull your a#@ out of your head!"


BUT today takes the cake...earlier Winston hid from us and we thought he got out through the garage door which was cracked...you have to understand, Winston is a COMPLETELY indoor cat...we couldn't find him and we were worried, well Nathan finally found him hiding behind a chest of drawers in the unfinished bedroom in the basement. Tonight while eating dinner, we were talking about 'losing' him and this is how the conversation went:

Nathan: 'Whenever you can't find him just check behind the Chester Drawers"
Me: "Did you just say Chester Drawers?"
Nathan; "Yes, Chester Drawers"
Me: "You retard its Chest Of Drawers, not Chester Drawers" (I know it is not nice to call anyone retard...but it is a term of affection we use..)
Nathan: "I always wondered why it was called Chester Drawers..."

Needless to say I got a pretty good laugh over the whole thing!

Well I need to go to sleep...we have to get up early and get our tuition paid...I ended up changing my schedule a bit - I don't want to overwhelm myself and end of failing classes...so I dropped Statistics and the Interior Design class...I'll take them another time.

1 comment:

Janus said...

I think Nathan gets it from Mother Ward. For years she has said "Relie Fociety" not "Relief Society" Oh well.

Hang in there Holly, I was having a set back the other day. Grant's brother Steven and their wife are expecting in December. I just checked out the Wheeler web-site and there was Steven's wife with a bulging tummy. I found myself wishing it was me. I'm right there with you. I have found that no matter how far away I am, I can not get away from it. It's EVERYWHERE!!!

Don't worry, you're normal, with normal human, women emotions.

Sure do love ya--

Janus