Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Heat Stroke and other ramblings

Nathan and I got to spend Friday and Saturday camping with family. It was good, but both of us ended up sick...too much sun is the likely culprit. I guess when your body is used to being right at sea level and then is put in the hot sun at 5000 ft above sea level for a whole day it kinda freaks out...I have a wicked nasty sunburn (like almost purple...nasty) and I slept most of yesterday (except bathroom visits and a small breakfast) and then laid pretty low today too...both of us feel yucky - light-headed, achey, tired and just plain bad....

As the day progressed we felt a little better...but not 100% yet. We just keep downing the water and resting, hopefully tomorrow will be a little better...

But the weekend was fun...there was a 'dance' Friday night and man did I dance...I must have burned 1000 calories! It felt good to just goof off and be myself - and my brother Brad is quite the goof also...he even did a pole dance for us - Nathan got it on tape just in case we ever need blackmail material later on... ;)

I can't believe it is already August 14th...time has flown by. It seems like only yesterday I was getting up to go to work in Newport...I had a bad week last week as far as missing everyone back there goes...I made some great friends and it has been hard not to have them around - for simple things like going to the movies or BBQing in the yard...I count myself very lucky to have technology nowadays - so I can keep in contact with them.

It looks as though we will be getting a dog...one of my brothers currently has 3 dogs and the city where he lives has a restriction that says you can only have 2 unless you have a kennel license...which is expensive so he is trying to find a home for one of them...he is only a year old, already fixed and up-to-date- on his shots...his name is Besta - he is a mutt but looks like a rottweiler. We have been over to his house a few times to play with the dog and he is such a good one...a big floppy lovey dog. It will be nice to have a dog, as it will motivate us to go for walks more often...

Well I better get to bed, I have to be to work early tomorrow...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holly, hope you are feeling better today, Take Care Lisa