Friday, August 18, 2006

Creativity and Praise

I officially LOVE my job at the jewelry store! The woman I work for/with is so great - she embraces creativity and rewards it with praise. She actually values my opinion and it makes me feel so good...it is quite different from my other job...there I feel just like a number - and any suggestions I have are not taken seriously...

I think that THE MOST important thing you can do as a boss is praise your employees when they deserve it - it is much more effective than scolding...I learned that in my Behavioral Psychology class in college - Positive Reinforcement is more effective in predicting behavior than Punishment.


I have been feeling quite off lately...this morning I woke at 8 but then went back to sleep because I felt SO tired, then I got back up was doing some things, walked into the closet to grab my clothes for work and everything went black...I have been feeling quite dizzy the last couple days and kinda nauseous today - I wonder if I ate something weird. I got so worried this morning that I shut off the AC and opened all the windows thinking I was suffering from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning or something.

Well I had better get to sleep - I have a long day tomorrow.

Holly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holly, congrats on the new job !!!!!! How cool, I hope you are feeling better soon Lisa aka Lisa41076@aol.com