Tuesday, August 01, 2006

New House, Segment 3: Living Room

The Living Room walls are kind of a chocolate milk color...they are a little darker than the pictures show...




Above the mirror and two pictures (wedding) there are grapevine swags and red berries...The chair that you see (the pink one) will not be pink...as soon as we get the money to recover it...it is a great chair, it swivels, and rocks and has arm-rests (invaluable, or so I am told, when you are nursing babies)... I am actually leaning towards a matte black velour as of late - but we'll see once the time comes to actually recover it..

Also, the wall behind the mirror and pictures will not remain chocolate brown...it will be a deep olive green...as soon as I get the money and motivation to paint it...



The three starfish in the frame are all starfish that I found in Rhode Island. One from Rose Island, one from Coaster Island (the base) and one from Brenton Point. I found the shadow box frame at Michaels and it works perfectly.



This is the entryway...it is a split-entry house so there is a small landing inside the door, from which you can go downstairs (into the familyroom) or upstairs (into the livingroom).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holly,
I have decided that I need to you decorate my home. I wish you could do this one but maybe when we move to the farm. Your home is beautiful and I can tell you are enjoying it.

Love ya
Erin