Sunday, November 28, 2010

Adoption Symbol


You may hear people say adoption triad, it is a common term used to describe the three sides of an adoption: the birth family, the adoptive family and the adoptee.  The triangle in the symbol represents those three sides.  The heart intertwined represents the love involved in the relationship of adoption.
The picture above is a pendant, you can purchase it here.

I also found this one, that I LOVE:

It is beautiful, I love that it has "many hearts one beat" inscribed on the sides of the circle.  You can find it HERE.  Many Hearts One Beat was kind enough to donate some of the raffle prizes for our Walk for Adoption.  They have a lot of unique adoption related gifts on their website.

7 comments:

Faye said...

I love the meaning of the triangle and heart intertwined.

Jan Louise said...

there is no such thing as an adoption triad when the power is all on one side......

Anonymous said...

Agreed! Can someone let me know where i could get one of these?

Anonymous said...

If so please email me at helenadparkle@hotmsil.co.uk

Anonymous said...

Helenasparkle I meant ....damn my typing

Anonymous said...

What do u mean?

Anonymous said...

Is this the official symbol for adoption, Im looking tonget a tattoo of it, or is it just one that everyone uses becaise its all ive seen