Wednesday, November 03, 2010

And the tradition continues...

Nathan and I started a tradition years ago that I have come to love.  It is no secret that I love politics...and I {love} elections.  I love to step in that booth and cast my vote.  I feel so patriotic, it makes me teary thinking of all the men and women throughout history who have made sacrifices so I could have the right to vote.  Our tradition is simple, but (if I do say so myself) awesome.  The evening of election day is spent watching the results roll in and when we can't take anymore (because even though I love politics, I can only take too much of the talking heads) we take a break from that to watch My Fellow Americans.  If you have never seen this movie you are missing out.  It is an oldey but a goody....Jack Lemon, James Garner and Dan Aykroyd in a work of comedic genius.  So many fantastic one-liners.  Oh, and I almost forgot an important piece of our tradition.  We make muddy buddies as our movie snack...because of all the mud-slinging that goes on before an election - get it MUDDY buddies...MUD slinging.  HA HA HA

Happy Election Day!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I think Jas and I will start that tradition too, complete with Muddie Buddies! I checked in to the polls around 8, and I might check in again in a bit.

Anonymous said...

Holly, You feel like I do. My
dad always told me if you do not vote always you have no right to complain. I have voted in all major and mid term elections since I turned 21. I have missed a few primary elections but that is all.
Last evening I had to stand in line for 1 and one half hour for the privlege of voting. but it was worth it.
ve